Saturday, 17 June 2017

"Books I've Read So Far In 2017" - Guest post from Ruby Rae Reads


Happy Saturday everyone! I am so excited to have the amazing Ruby from Ruby Rae Reads on the blog today, and she'll be sharing the books she's read so far in 2017 and what she liked or didn't like about them.
Go for it, Ruby!
I haven’t read many books this year, unfortunately, which is silly because I don’t know what’s been stopping me. So, I’d like to tell you what I’ve read so far this year, what I liked and what I didn’t like and my general thoughts on the books. 






1. The first book that I started at the end of December and start of January was Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I flew through this book so fast, because it’s such a small book. I found it very entertaining. I’ve never read this kind of book, so it was quite interesting. It was a very enjoyable read, and I found it very fun. It gets a little weird at some parts, but they are faded out due to the plot of the story. Such a fun and quick read!




2. I also re-read a book this year during my exam times, and probably about 5 times after the other because I never got bored with this book, because it’s just that amazing and wonderful: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. This book is about Anna who attends a boarding school in Paris and who meets a boy, who is already dating someone else, which is a slight problem. The characters are so diverse, and have so much depth to them. The story falls together in just the right way due to its loving writing, and it’s just wonderful and lovely. If you haven’t read it yet and you’re in the mood for an amazing yet easy story, then I highly recommend you read it. There are also two companion novels (Lola and the Boy Next Door & Isla and the Happily Ever After) that mix in with the story, so there is always more to read.





3. Over the holidays, I also read the first two books of Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux series: Obisidian & Onyx (click here to see my full review). I enjoyed these books. I read them at a time when I just needed a light-hearted quick fantasy book and these definitely are just that. They’re very humourous (sometimes for me a little too much at some points but not too often) and very fun.




4. I also recently read Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I went into this book not knowing much, and I learnt quite a bit from this book, but I was also disappointed because I expected more from it. The story was not what I had hoped for, but I did enjoy what I learnt from it. I liked learning music from the different playlist images in this book and all the little pictures in it, but the actual romance for me wasn’t the most impressive compared to other novels. But I still found it very entertaining.




5. The most recent book I read is Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I adored this book. It was more than what I expected and it was so beautiful. I am sure you already know what it’s about seeing the movie just came out, so I won’t say much, just that I had so much fun with this book. It was heart-warming and really funny. I LOVED this book.











Those are all the books I’ve read this year so far. I have a reading challenge to read 30 books this year, so I still have a long way to go, but I hope that you enjoy these books I much as I have, because they were all so fun. Happy reading!!

Meet Ruby: 

My name is Ruby. I love to read and want to share it with you. I have a blog, Ruby Rae Reads, where I like to talk about books and all things bookish related. I also like to give weekly reviews of TV shows I enjoy watching. One day I hope to become a filmmaker.

You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Bloglovin’ and Goodreads. Have a super reading day xo
 
I hope you enjoyed reading this post! And thanks so much to Ruby for sharing her thoughts ;) 

Have you read any of the books she's mentioned? Did you enjoy them? 

11 comments:

  1. So happy I could share my thoughts with you and your readers! Thanks again for the fantastic opportunity to discuss books with you all xo Ruby Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you could too! My pleasure, and thank YOU <3

      Delete
  2. Oh nice! I haven't read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour but I did meet Morgan Matson last September! I MUST TRY OBSIDIAN, THOUGH. That book has been haunting me for years, and I so love paranormal books :)

    - andrea at a surge of thunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool!! I would love to meet her. The book wasn't what I was expecting. Obsidian is super fun, give it a go! Xo

      Delete
  3. "Everything Everything" has been on my TBR for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe now you can read it then go see the movie? I really liked it, so hope you do :)

      Delete
  4. Aha see Amy you need to read Obsidian :P! Ruby I'm so glad you enjoyed JLA's books so far!!
    Kariny @Kariny's Book Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read the others soon, but have a few other books I want to buy first #bookbuyingstruggles and main character blogs too so very relatable ;) - Amy should read them! Hehe

      Delete
    2. They keep getting better!!! I doubt they could go wrong with Daemon Black lol :P

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)