Sunday, 18 September 2016

EMMA (film) was absolutely lovely in every single way

Cast: Gwyneth Paltrow; Toni Collette; Ewan McGregor; Jeremy Northam; Greta Scacchi.  
Year: 1996.
Director: Douglas McGrath.
Content Rating: PG for brief mild language. 
Source: Bought. 


Synopsis: 
In rural 1800s England things go bad for a young matchmaker after she finds a man for another woman.





Overall, this film was ABSOLUTELY lovely in every way :) <3 It was pure, cinematic class, and an excellent romantic comedy.  



Emma was rich and never-wavering entertainment. Having read the book and hated it (Austen's writing just...well, it really bores me) I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought this film. The reason I did buy it, however, was because Paltrow's in it, and I love her as an actress. 

It was lovely, witty, delightful, light-hearted, and just gorgeous. Gwyneth Paltrow was radiant and beautiful as her infuriating character, and her acting was excellent. In addition, Jeremy Northam was dashing and thoughtful as Mr. Knightley - Emma's eventual love-interest. 
(On a side note, I thought Emma & Knightley's friendship was beautiful to watch, even before it evolved into romantic love).
The rest of the cast were equally brilliant. Everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves, and all the acting was whole-hearted and first class.  

It was perfectly plotted and brilliantly paced. There was so much energy and chemistry on screen and I laughed out loud more than once. The humour was brilliantly funny and the dialogue was rich and witty. 

This was everything an Austen film should be and I HIGHLY recommend it :)      

I give it: 5 flowers!




2 comments:

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)