Thursday, 27 October 2016

MR. RIGHT (film) was wrong in so many ways

Cast: Anna Kendrick; Sam Rockwell; Tim Roth. 
Year: 2015.
Director: Paco Cabezas.
Content Rating: R for violence and language throughout. PG16VL
Source: Rented.
IMDB: Mr. Right

Synopsis:
A girl falls for the "perfect" guy, who happens to have a very fatal flaw: he's a hitman on the run from the crime cartels who employ him.



Not even the charm of Anna Kendrick could stop Mr. Right from being utterly WRONG.


Anna Kendrick drew me to this film. She's such a delightful actress, so full of charm and energy, that I wanted to see it for her. 
But she was the least likable I've ever seen her, and the film was terrible. 



Some tiny-teeny good things in this film: 

- Sam Rockwell and Anna Kendrick both gave decent performances. I didn't particularly like their characters, but their acting was good. 
- The cinematography was classy and the soundtrack was great.

The big bad things in this film:

- The supporting actors could not act. And every single character was utterly forgettable. 
- It was rushed, the action was episodic, the story was random, and everyone seemed to be making it up as they went along. It HAD NO POINT, I kid you not. It wasn't heading anywhere, I didn't care what happened to the characters, and it was pointless. 
- It wasn't funny. It's the kind of comedy (I cringe when I say that because it wasn't a comedy) that the writers think they can make funny by having their actors constantly swear, as if that's supposed to be the humour. 
It's not humour, it's bad language. And that hardly qualifies as wit. 


Anna Kendrick tried, she really tried, but the film was useless. 

I give it: 1 and a half flowers 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)