Thursday, 2 March 2017

The Sunshine Blogger Award


Disclaimer: I do not like the sun. I love rain. The sun is evil and I think I'm a vampire because I seriously hate sunshine. 

But I love the idea of this award! And a huge thanks to Prabhleen @ Books Are Life and Zoey @ Magiverse for tagging me. I'm truly touched and honoured :)  

Since both of these ladies tagged me, and since they've asked 11 questions each, I've picked some from each of them. 22 is a huge number, and this post would be super long if I answered all 22....

So.
I've chosen 6 from Prabhleen and 5 from Zoey. Thanks ladies! <3

Rules:

1: Answer the questions set for you!

2: Tag some people!



Questions from Prabhleen and Zoey: 

Zoey: 
1. Name a book where the protagonist did not end up with the person you were rooting for (feel free to elaborate. With spoiler warnings, of course ;) ). 

The Hunger Games. Katniss ends up with Peeta, and I was Team Gale from start to finish. Yes, Katniss and Peeta did compliment each other, but I was rooting for Gale.  Sadness :(
(But it does mean he's free for me, right?! There's a plus).  

 2. What love story you simply could not stand? 

Christian Grey and Ana Steele. Theirs should not even be called a love story. I mean seriously: ABUSIVE AND SEXIST MUCH? MY ANGER HAS NO LIMITS WHEN IT COMES TO FIFTY SHADES. 

 3. What book review was so challenging to write, you wanted to repeatedly bang your head on the wall and forget you had to write it? 

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Mass was a review I hated writing. The words just wouldn't come, my thoughts were a mess, I couldn't decide what I thought of the story and characters, and I was rushing. It was awful. I'm actually thinking of re-writing all of my Throne of Glass reviews since I struggled with all of them.

 4. What do you feel to be your best post yet? (remember, there is only going up from there ;) ) 

I don't know if it's my best, but I LOVED writing it: Top Ten Tuesday: My Favourite Fictional Couples

*swoons* So many lovely people.

 5. Name 3 of your 'read first, ask questions later' authors and tell us why your love for their words is so strong you'll buy any book they ever write (even if it's about cabbages)

Cecelia Ahern - her stories are magical and gut-wrenching and heart warming and usually always leave an impact.

Paula Hawkins - she's only written The Girl on the Train so far, but HECK I LOVED IT. And it was because of her writing style: raw, real, profound, and just AMAZING.  It was packed with stellar lines that I just devoured <3


Prabhleen:
1: What’s your OTP? (List only one. I know I am horrible. XD) 

OH NO PRABHLEEN YOU ARE CRUEL! Only ONE?! This is torture!
Urgh urgh urgh, I can't decide. Okay...
Fine. I'll go with my babies:
Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy (as portrayed by Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone). So, so many feels <3 

2: What is the most exciting thing about blogging? 

Interacting with all the amazing people on the blogosphere! I live for comments and chats <3 

3: List your top 5 bookish boyfriends/girlfriends! 

Okay so this is kind of embarrassing. I'm really fussy when it comes to falling for love-interests, so my list only has three boys. (For now...)

Lucien - A Court of Thorns and Roses. 
 Jasper - Twilight
Dorian - Throne of Glass. 
4: What is your favourite genre to read? (Again list only ONE. #HorriblePrabhleen) 

Fairy-tale retellings. Just........they have everything <3 

5: What are your opinions on fanfiction and fanart? 

Personally, I don't like fanfiction at all. Just leave the original magic alone, people ;) 

I don't really have an opinion on fanart. It's cool, I guess.
Best. Answer. Ever

6: LASTLY, Name one book, tell me what it is about, and associate a song to it and tell me why you CHOSE that SPECIFIC ONE song for that book!!! (this was creative enough. My mind is tired)

Book: The Girl on the Train. 
Song: Gasoline - by Halsey.

I chose that song because it's so perfect for Rachel, TGOTT's protagonist. The lyrics display the emotions I imagine she's feeling throughout the course of the novel, and it portrays her "insanity", desperation, and anguished persona horrifyingly well.

Awesome question, Prabhleen!     


I tag.........anyone who reads this post and wants to do it! I guess that's kind of lazy, but I know some bloggers don't do awards or tags, so it's easier to just give people the option here if they want to do it or not :)  

My Questions: 

1: Name a book character everyone seems to love but you can't stand. 

2: Would you rather be in a Divergent world, or a Hunger Games world, and why?  

3: Which Harry Potter character would be your best friend and why? 

4: If you could have one superpower, what would it be? 

5: Should Hermione have ended up with Harry instead of Ron? 

6:  You're the King/Queen of the universe. What's the first thing you do?  (Only ONE!) 

7: What is one review you're super proud of and loved writing? 

8: What is one trope in YA you're ABSOLUTELY SICK AND TIRED OF? 


Have fun! Xx

14 comments:

  1. You were team Gale?!
    *traitor*
    Kidding ^_^ , but I was totally team Peeta (:

    OMG, I love your ships on TTT! O__O
    I ship most of them, too!
    Damon and Elena <3 Killian and Emma <3 *swoon*

    Thanks for answering my questions!
    I love your questions! It was a great post to read :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe....... ;)
      Ah yes!! And it's so cool to hear you love them too <3

      Thanks for making them so awesome!
      Yay so glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for doing it! AND TEAM GALE OH YES. Plus Gasoline is such a good song, some people say it is not good but clearly they have shitty music tastes? lol
    Prabhleen @ Booksarelife987

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me! YEEESSS SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!
      It is :) Oh yes, clearly!

      Delete
  3. Awesome answers, Amy! I am totally going to do this tag...Your questions are really unique haha 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin! Yay YAY YAY you must!! I'd love to see your answers :)
      Haha thanks!

      Delete
  4. Oh, and sorry, but I am totally team Peeta...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tisk, tisk ;) I hope you'll learn the error of your ways soon!! Haha just kidding ;)

      Delete
  5. Ooops. You've reminded me I have a couple of tags and things I reaaaly should be doing. Double oops. I will get there, right?

    I love reading the answers to these sorts of things because there's so much insight into the person behind the blog!!

    Hunger Games I actually didn't have a ship. I don't know why I couldn't get behind either guy there?

    50 shades... Yeah. Can you believe that they are making THREE MOVIES out of those books?

    Ahh! I hope you continue with your SJM reads and I hope you enjoy the rest more. Lucien is AWESOME. Dorian is AWESOME! I did reviews after my rereads last year and I was mostly happy with those... ;)

    P.S. I think your best post yet is your 'How to' of today!!!

    Ooh! Fairy tale retellings! YES! Great genre.

    I find it so interesting that you have Jasper on your list of bookish bf! I also liked Jasper!

    I think I might actually do this tag... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry I reminded you ;) But yes, you'll definitely get there. We have years of blogging ahead, right?

      I know what you mean. And while I preferred Gale over Peeta, my favourite HG dude was Finnick :) What a darling.

      I KNOW RIGHT?? IT IS SICK.

      Thank you!! I plan to, despite my inner doubts!
      So glad to hear it, and your reviews were awesome. I'm just too fussy :(

      Haha thanks!! That was definitely the most think-requiring post ;)

      YEEEESSS *high five*

      Hehe I know. I kinda feel weird including him cos he's such an overlooked, minor character. But aww, he's so sweet and protective with Alice <3

      You must!!! I'd LOVE to see your answers!

      Delete
  6. I sort of agree with you about fan fiction. I mean, part of me loves it, but I also try to avoid reading it as it can seriously confuse you, and also lead to an onslaught of feelings :-)

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amy! Here's the link to my post for this tag. Hope you enjoy my answers :)

    www.caitlinlambert.com/single-post/2017/03/08/The-Sunshine-Blogger-Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Just checked it out :) I LOVE your answers!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)