Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #24: THE GIRL WHO WAS TAKEN - Charlie Donlea


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.




Release Date: 25th April 2017.

Nicole Cutty and Megan McDonald are both high school seniors in the small town of Emerson Bay, North Carolina. When they disappear from a beach party one warm summer night, police launch a massive search. No clues are found, and hope is almost lost until Megan miraculously surfaces after escaping from a bunker deep in the woods. A year later, the bestselling account of her ordeal has turned Megan from local hero to national celebrity. It s a triumphant, inspiring story, except for one inconvenient detail: Nicole is still missing. Nicole's older sister Livia, a fellow in forensic pathology, expects that one day soon Nicole's body will be found, and it will be up to someone like Livia to analyze the evidence and finally determine her sister's fate. Instead, the first clue to Nicole s disappearance comes from another body that shows up in Livia's morgue that of a young man connected to Nicole's past. Livia reaches out to Megan for help, hoping to learn more about the night the two were taken. Other girls have gone missing too, and Livia is increasingly certain the cases are connected. But Megan knows more than she revealed in her blockbuster book. Flashes of memory are coming together, pointing to something darker and more monstrous than her chilling memoir describes. And the deeper she and Livia dig, the more they realize that sometimes true terror lies in finding exactly what you've been looking for.

I love thrillers! And this premise sounds AMAZING! And the cover is so awesome - I love the blonde hair and blue <3
It looks FANTASTIC! Yes I'm excited!



Anyone else excited for The Girl Who Was Taken?


30 comments:

  1. I'm into thrillers as well, so you just piqued my curiosity with this title! :D

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad!

      Just visited yours :)

      Delete
  2. That's a new to me one! But I do love a good thriller!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear :)

      Just visited yours!

      Delete
  3. I've not heard of this book but I do love a good thriller, so thanks for spotlighting it! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad to have introduced you!
      Visited yours :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh man, great minds! I just got this for review -- it sounds SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOO HOO!! Hope you love it, can't wait to hear your thoughts!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, such a good book. It has been a while since I read one of these books!
    Great choice! :)

    Aneesa @ A Crave For Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good, doesn't it?
      Thanks Aneesa! <3

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this book before, and it's not a typical genre read for me, but I will definitely check it out :D Great WoW pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do pick it up, I'd love to know your thoughts :)
      Thanks Brittany!

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds really good.
    I hope you enjoy this one.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does right?!
      Thanks Aneta :) <3

      Delete
  8. Thanks! Keep me posted when you read.
    charliedonlea.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this one before. I have to honestly tell you that this not my cup of tea at all..... :(
    I'm just too much of a chicken for this type of thing. Lol.

    Hope you enjoy it!! Happy Wednesday!! Thanks for commenting on my "Can't Wait Wednesday" post!! HUBS!!!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's not your kind of book, but it means so much that you still commented on this post! Thanks Maria!
      Haha I feel you ;) I guess I just get a kick out of scary stuff! Lol

      Thanks so much! And to you! <3 <3 *HUGS* :)

      Delete
  10. This actually sounds awesome! I'm not into thrillers that much, but I love the mystery of crime shows and forensics. Thanks for sharing this Amy... I'll have to add it to my TBR!

    Caitlin @ caitlinlambert.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you think so too, especially since you're usually not a fan of thrillers!
      Yay that's awesome :)
      Thanks for stopping by, Caitlin!

      Delete
  11. That does sound good (and a little chilling)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely chilling!
      Thanks for stopping by, Greg :)

      Delete
  12. I've been planning to read some thrillers and there are some on my radar. I'll check this one out. Sounds great! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the look of it!
      Sure :)

      Delete
  13. Someone is having a good hair day! I love the motion of her hair - it is stunning. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Amy!

    Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! And I agree, it definitely is stunning.
      Thanks Alyssa!

      You too :)

      Delete
  14. Wow! This book sounds really interesting! I hope you enjoy this book!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, right?! Thank you!
      Just visited yours :)

      Delete
  15. Wow, this book sounds *intense*.
    I actually only very recently gotten into thrillers and mystery (thanks to the amazing Jennifer Lynn Barnes), and ever since then I've been keeping an eye out for something like that to read.
    The Girl Who Was Taken sounds very interesting indeed! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT REALLY DOES!
      Oh wow that's so cool to hear! And I must look out for her books, then; I don't recognise the name...thanks for the rec!
      It does!
      Thanks for stopping by, Zoey :) <3

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)