Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #25: 100 HOURS - by Rachel Vincent


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.


Release Date: 28th March 2017. 

A decadent spring break getaway on an exotic beach becomes a terrifying survival story when six Miami teens are kidnapped and ransomed. Maddie is beyond done with her cousin Genesis’s entitled and shallow entourage. Genesis is so over Miami’s predictable social scene with its velvet ropes, petty power plays, and backstabbing boyfriends. While Maddie craves family time for spring break, Genesis seeks novelty—like a last-minute getaway to an untouched beach in Colombia. And when Genesis wants something, it happens. But paradise has its price. Dragged from their tents under the cover of dark, Genesis, Maddie, and their friends are kidnapped and held for ransom deep inside the jungle—with no diva left behind. It all feels so random to everyone except Genesis. She knows they were targeted for a reason. And that reason is her. Now, as the hours count down, only one thing’s for certain: If the Miami hostages can’t set aside their personal problems, no one will make it out alive.

The reviews for this book have been quite mixed so far, BUT DOESN'T IT JUST LOOK AMAZING? That cover is mind-blowing and perfectly sets what I imagine the tone will be, and the premise is INCREDIBLE. Thriller set in Miami, kidnapped teens, exotic beach, teenage drama, YES YES AND YES PLEASE.

Oh, I really really really hope I get to read this book when it comes out!




Anyone else excited for 100 Hours?

26 comments:

  1. I normally read anything by Rachel Vincent, but I also avoid scary so I will probably be waiting on your review before I start this one.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting to hear :) And yeah, it does look scary!
      Visiting yours now...

      Delete
  2. Nice! I LOVE Rachel Vincent! Actually just started this one yesterday. Only about 1/3 of the way in, though I am liking it so far if struggling to like one of the main characters! Hope you'll enjoy it too once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad you're loving it! Although it is always disappointing when you don't like the main character :(
      Hope you keep enjoying it, Jessica! Can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

      Delete
  3. This premise sounds terrifying, like pretty much my worst nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek so true! I'm definitely with you on that!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author, but I've heard great things about her :) I hope you enjoy this book and it lives up to your expectations :D Fabulous pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here :)
      Thanks Brittany! Have a lovely rest of the week :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds great! I read Rachel Vincent's Blood Bound trilogy, it was good but I didn't love the story line but her writing was amazing so maybe I should give this book a try cause it sounds good.. but scary but intriguing.. can't make up my mind.
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does!
      Sorry you didn't love the storyline, but I'm so glad you enjoyed the writing :)
      Haha, yeah, a part of me feels like that too - it does look scary!
      Visited yours :)

      Delete
  6. Would you believe I have yet to read a Rachel Vincent novel? Lol. And this one would not normally be the type of book I would read, but the fact that the story takes place in Miami makes it VERY interesting for me!! That's the city I happen to live in! Lol. And when the action shifts to Colombia, that also interests me, as I visited that country several years ago.

    Thanks for featuring this, Amy!! Happy Wednesday!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either!
      Wow that's so cool to know! I'd love to visit Miami or Colombia :)
      Sure, Maria! And same to you! <3 <3

      Delete
  7. This is on my list, too, Amy! I'm so excited to read this book. I hope we both love it :) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad! Yes, I hope we do :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I had never heard of this book before but it does sounds pretty amazing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look amazing :)
      Sure, I'm glad you like the look of it!

      Delete
  9. Oooh! The over looks so beautiful! I hope you enjoy this book!

    Here’s my WoW !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, right?! Thanks Ronyell!
      Just visited yours, thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  10. I originally placed this book on my Goodreads tbr based on the author. The synopsis sounds really interesting, though, and I'm looking forward to reading it. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's great :) Thanks, I hope so to!
      Visited yours :)

      Delete
  11. Oohhhh, I think this one is publishing soon, right??? That is so great that you won't have to wait too long to read it. I've read a few of this author's books but she has written so many! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is!
      That's cool, and I didn't actually realise she'd written so many.
      Thanks Alyssa!

      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  12. I love Rachel Vincent, I hope this one is just as good as the others :)
    Great choice this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad :) And I hope it is good!
      Thanks Aneta :)

      Delete
  13. OMG YES PLEASE!!! LOVE THIS!!!! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)