Sunday, 5 March 2017

Weekly Round-Up: Reading and Watching GALORE


I've had a busy but good week. It was my brother's 15th birthday on Thursday, and we went out to a restaurant for supper - a rare treat - and it was lovely. I had a pizza with blue cheese, bacon and mushrooms, and shared a Dom Pedro with my dad, which is like a milkshake with whisky and ice-cream, and we added brandy on top. I actually really loved it, but my parents thought it might have affected me because I was acting weird and laughing a lot and saying some dirty things...Oops. 
Then for dessert I had a kind of malva pudding with dates and brandy in it. Again, I guess that explains why I felt a little, shall we say, "weird" ;)      

I'm been reading three books this week, and been watching a lot of TV. My Mum and I have been watching Modern Family, which isn't that good but so relaxing, and I've been binge-watching Arrow Season 1. It's so awesome :) 


Posts of the week: 
Book Review: Torn - by Cat Clarke
Movie Review: Ocean's Thirteen

The Blog Squad also did a special! You can check out our posts here:  

- A Magical World Of Words

- Book Reviews By Di

- Books.Bags.Burgers


I just finished Flawed last night, and I loved it. My review will hopefully be up on Monday. 

As for the other books: I'm struggling to get through A Presence of Absence, and I'm finding Three Dark Crowns very disappointing.





How's your week been? What have you been reading or watching? 

18 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like the greatest of reading weeks for you. I hate it when books are disappointing but it's all part of the reading game I guess! My own reading is going great and I'm fully back on track after a blip. Hope your next books turn out better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it wasn't :(
      Yeah you're right. But yay, I'm so happy for you! I hope it continues!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry this week wasn't that eventful reading wise :( mine really wasn't either, I cannot seem to finish the book I'm currently reading for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no shame! I hope it improves for both of us :)

      Delete
  3. That pizza sounds fantastic! Bacon, blue cheese and mushrooms are all some of my favorites. Yum!
    Sorry to hear that Three Dark Crowns isn't living up to the hype. That's always disappointing.
    Tanya @ GIRL PLUS BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it was! Definitely yum!
      It is disappointing :(
      Have a lovely week ahead, Tanya!

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm that pizza sounds amazing! I love going out for pizza! XD I'm so interested in Three Dark Crowns but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Enjoy your new books!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! (Though the cheese made me feel sick afterwards...) I hope you get to have pizza soon!
      Thank you :) Have a good week ahead!

      Delete
  5. I like the premise of Three Dark Crowns, I'm sad to hear you're not enjoying it :(
    Nevermind that you acted weird,I bet it was very entertaining for you parents and paremts deserve a laugh sometimes too :))

    I hope you're having a woderful weekend, Amy!

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited because of the premise too, and it's really disappointing :(
      Haha they did think it was funny!
      I am thank you, Ronnie! Hope you have a fantastic week ahead :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh that pizza sounds good. :) And I remember Arrow S1- I think the first two or so were the best maybe?

    Sorry to hear that Three Dark Crowns is disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was *drools* ;)
      Yeah they definitely were; then they ruined Felicity's character and everything went downhill :(

      Thanks :)
      Hope your week got off to a good start!

      Delete
  7. I'm really not a dystopia person, but I'm interested in reading Flawed. Can't wait to read your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on dystopia either, but I love Ahern's writing, so I think that saved it for me!
      Thank you :)
      Hope you're having a lovely week!

      Delete
  8. Hahaha, tsk tsk tsk, Amy! ;D That must have been quite hilarious for your parents!

    Sorry you've had a disappointing reading week but I'm glad you loved Flawed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was!

      Thanks :) Yeah, Flawed was amazing!
      Hope you're having a good week :)

      Delete
  9. Oh no, a shame you're not enjoying Three Dark Crowns. I really enjoyed it. Modern Family is one of my favourite shows, I watch it with my mum too. It's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so disappointing :( I'm glad you did, though!
      Yay that's awesome! Yeah, it is really funny :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)