Thursday, 6 April 2017

Snippets From My Writing Journal #3: Dialogue



Hi ya'll! I hope your week's been good so far :) 

Welcome to the third snippet sharing from my writing journal! It's still rough and needs a lot of editing, but I hope you enjoy reading all the same.  
Here goes......



Context: Alex (the heroine of my Hansel and Gretel/Rumpelstiltskin retelling) is talking to her friends about the issue of an enemy presence in their town. The bad guy, Josef, is threatening them and Alex is worrying about keeping their "cover", so to speak.    

Written: 8 February. 





Then I did some much-needed editing: 







Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this passage :) 
This will be the last snippet sharing for a while - unless I find the time next week. If not, expect another one in a couple of weeks' time. 


Do any of you write as well? Or keep a journal? Have you ever shared your writing on your blog? 

6 comments:

  1. That sounds so creative! I don't think there's a single Hansel and Gretel and Rumplestilskin crossover out there, so you're really unique!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! Haha, yeah I researched it when I first got the idea, and I'm so happy it's original!

      Delete
  2. Eeep! This is awesome! I love the tension! :D

    I was stalking your Pinterest the other day, and OMW YOU HAVE A PETER PAN RETELLING PLANNED. *flails* I was in a Peter Pan ballet last year, and now I'm a huge fan (I'm actually wearing a Peter Pan T-shirt right now xD). I can't wait to see where all your stories go!

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I AM LITERALLY BEYOND EXCITED FOR THAT STORY! It's gonna have to wait, though, because - *sighs* - I'm editing my 2016 NaNo novel at the moment, but...I can't wait to get back to it!
      Oh my word that's so cool! I'd love a Peter Pan T-shirt!
      Thanks Audrey! <3

      Delete
  3. You know I love retellings!! I'm so excited about your story!! And that's an awesome scene! Loving the dialogue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO!! And they're awesome!
      Thanks Uma, me too! Thank you! <3

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)