Monday, 31 July 2017

Monthly Wrap-Up: July to August


It's so cliche, I know, but I can't believe it's already August! YIKES!
Overall, July was a busy but productive month for me. And I have a lot of plans for August...*cue ominous music*

I got a decent amount of writing done in July, which I'm so happy about. I'm also planning to start the first draft of my WIP tomorrow - and am extremely nervous about that. Wish me luck!
I'm hoping to read a lot of books in August, and start bookstagraming again. We'll see how that goes ;)  I'll probably also cut down on movies and Netflix, since I want to spend the majority of my time writing and reading.

I also really want to be posting more discussions and "fun posts" on my blog, as well as the usual reviews. I have so many ideas, but never seem to find the time. Hopefully I'll be able to get some out this month :)


Posts of the month (excluding reviews & weekly round-ups):

#VoicesofYA tag
Waiting on Wednesday #40
The Liebster Award
The Blog Squad: Part 17
The Mystery Blogger Award
Waiting on Wednesday #41
The Blog Squad: Part 18
The 13th Doctor!!
Waiting on Wednesday #42
The Blog Squad: Part 19
Waiting on Wednesday #43
The Blog Squad: Part 20





My Reviews: 






Miss. Sloane was easily my favourite film of the month. It's absolutely amazing. 
My least favourite was Passengers







My Reviews: 

Stalking Jack the Ripper - Kerri Maniscalco 

Carve the Mark - Veronica Roth 

Cinder - Marissa Meyer

The 100 - Kass Morgan

Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo

The Cruelty - Scott Bergstrom

The Lost Girl - Candy Atkins


Quite a mixed bunch of reads this month. My favourite was either Cinder or Ruin and Rising, and my worst was The Cruelty.




A HUGELY ambitious TBR for August, but I couldn't help it! I am DYING to dive into these beauties <3 










Did you have a good month? What did you read or watch or write? What's been happening in your life? Chat with me! 

I hope you have a wonderful August <3 

24 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's almost August either! I feel like July FLEW by! Anyhow, that's awesome to hear you got a lot of writing done. I recently cut down on my Netflix/Hulu watching, and I've been getting so much more done. It's also been easy to do, though, because I'm caught up on all my favorite shows lol Your TBR pile looks awesome for August! I've been debating whether or not to read Roar so I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Eish!
      Thanks :) Haha that does make it easier!
      Thanks, I'm looking forward to them all!
      Yeah me too. I'm kinda nervous about starting it 😬
      Hope you have a lovely weekend, Lauren!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to August because I finally get to go on vacation! Looks like you had a good month and have some great things to look forward to! I'm anxious to see what kinds of discussions and fun posts you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhh that's so exciting!! Hope you have an amazing time!!
      Thanks Angela :)

      Delete
  3. I can't get over that July is over, like, HOW?! It's crazy. That's a hugely ambitious TBR pile but I don't blame you for hoping to read all of them, they look incredible! Windfall and Everything, Everything are amazing, I hope you love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?!
      Haha thank you! I hope so too!

      Delete
  4. I completely understand you when it comes to having all these ideas and feeling like you don't have the time for it! Good luck with your first draft for your WIP! I'm looking forward to all your plans for August. Good luck with your TBR! I've heard really good things about Starr Fall from Di and Uma. :)

    Have an awesome August Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! HIGH FIVE!
      Thanks Genni!

      Thanks, you too :) <3

      Delete
  5. Wow, you've been busy! I'm also planning on reading A Thousand Pieces of you Soon! I'm just waiting for my audiobook to come in. I hope you get to read all of the books you want in August!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup! Oooh yay, hope you love it :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. What a great month!! I just won a copy of Roar and cannot wait to dive in. I look forward to seeing what you think of it once you've read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, hope you enjoy it! It does look good.
      Likewise!

      Delete
  7. I hope the start on your WIP goes well! Lately my chapters have emotionally drained me from continuing to write the next chapter since they're are a ton of feelings in the plot. I can't wait to see all of your fun posts!!! And while I'll miss your bookstagram (I saw your story), I'll patiently wait until it starts up again. ^.^

    Also, just a head's up: I'm revealing two things on the blog tomorrow! One is a tag idea I've been working on for some time, and the other is an actvitity that the blogging community did last year, so if you'd like to check that out, it'll be up on my blog then! ^.^

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! Ah shame, hope yours goes well too :)
      Aww thanks <3

      Just visited them! Thank you for mentioning it!

      Delete
  8. I want to get more reading done this month as I flagged a little at several points in July. I have a few must reads this month but after that I can read what I want so that should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a wonderful reading month, then :)

      Delete
  9. Excited for You Don't Know My Name and we definitely need to BR Roar too, K? 😀😀

    Happy August and here's to the best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And yes, definitely :)
      I second that!
      Thanks for the comment, Di <3

      Delete
  10. I can't believe it's August already!! July ran away so fast..Wow Amy that's a lotta books for August but looks like you're setting a great pace! (Saw your Twitter post :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Eeeep!
      Hehehe *winks* ...

      Delete
  11. I can't wait to hear what you think of the thousand pieces of you book because that cover is so gorgeous I just want to read it! Also, I can't believe it's August either! Hope you have a great month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is GORGEOUS, isn't it?!
      Thanks Olivia, you too :)

      Delete
  12. Gosh your not the only one, now over a week into August and I can't believe how fast this year has gone, I mean they were talking about Christmas on the radio today, Christmas!

    Anyway, it looks like you managed to get through quite a few 'popular' YA books this month (I still haven't bought Stalking Jack the Ripper - I love that cover) it's a shame you didn't enjoy The Cruelty, it just caught my eye, am heading off to read your full thoughts in your review.

    Deborah @ Hills of Books

    P.s have tagged you in Unique Blogger Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Christmas!! That is crazy!

      The cover for SJTR is gorgeous :) And yeah, it was a real shame about The Cruelty :(

      Thanks, will check it out now!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)