Sunday, 2 July 2017

Monthly Wrap-Up: June to July


I'm officially terrified of time. How is it July already??!!! *shudders*


But I'm now on holiday for three weeks! This first week I'm looking after Grade R kids for our church's holiday club, so every morning I'll be there for about 4 hours - having woken up at 6:30 IN THE COLD WHEN IT'S STILL DARK. SOB.
But I enjoy working with the little kids. When they behave.

I'm also hoping to start plotting one of my WIPs these holidays; something I never got round to in June.  Hopefully I can get it ready, and then maybe start writing it...
  

June was a decent month. I read a lot, even if I didn't watch or write very much. Life's been pretty dull, although it's winter now so it's deliciously cold and awesome. But our drought's still serious, and our water restrictions are tight. We are extremely desperate for rain. Please pray!


Posts of the month (excluding weekly round-ups & reviews):
The Blog Squad - Part 12
Waiting on Wednesday #36
The Blog Squad: Part 13
Waiting on Wednesday #37
The Blog Squad: Part 14
Guest Post from Ruby Rae Reads
Waiting on Wednesday #38
The Blog Squad: Part 15
"Here's To The Fools Who Dream"
Waiting on Wednesday #39




My Reviews: 

The Fourth Monkey - J. D. Barker

A Gleam of Light - the Wolfs

Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo 

Passenger - Alexandra Bracken 

Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo 




My Review: 


Jackie - 2016


The month of red books, it seems! And buddy-reads, actually...

I'll be reading Ruin and Rising with Di and Uma, reading You Don't Know My Name with Di and Uma, and then reading the The Cruelty with Melleny. 

And then me, myself and I will be reading Carve the Mark and Cinder ;) 




Did you have a good June? What was the best and worst movie and book you read/watched?

Hope you have an amazing July! 
Xx <3  

18 comments:

  1. Have fun reading Cinder! I've read it 2 times already and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad to hear that, too :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you haven't read Cinder! The Lunar Chronicles is such a good series. I'm not sure about Carve the Mark though... I've heard mixed reviews, so I'll just wait until you review it to see if it's worth reading. Happy July!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's literally a sin!!
      I'm enjoying it so far :)
      Thanks, you too! <3

      Delete
  3. So many great new releases. And I loved The Lunar Chronicles series and Ink and Bone and.....LOL We like a lot of the same authors. Enjoy your books and have a Happy 4th!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad you loved them :) Haha great!
      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  4. I hate getting up before the sun's up-- if the sun is shinning then I don't mind early mornings as much. Oo and I hate getting up when it's cold ((as you might be able to tell, I'm not the biggest fan of winter;) ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ;) I LOVE winter, but getting up early when it's freezing cold really does suck :(
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. It's crazy that we're in July already. Glad you had a good reading month, sorry to hear about the water restrictions! Definitely will pray for water for you guys!

    And good luck with your WIP! How exciting.

    I'm very excited about the 100 books because I'm a huge fan of the show but haven't read any of them. so curious... and I'll have to check your thoughts on Darkest Part of the Forest since I wanted to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS CRAZY! Thanks!

      Thank you!

      I've heard great things about the show, but only seen snippets on YouTube. So I'm hoping the books will be good.

      Delete
  6. The last thing I'd want to do is get up early to look after kids! I hate kids! *grins* I can't believe it is July already. Now I feel as if Winter Is Coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O......K. Lol ;)
      Right?! Time flies!

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you got some good reading done this past month. Hoping you get some rain soon! Lovely post, thank you for sharing :) And yay, you'll be reading my favorite book--Ruin and Rising--so I hope you love it <3

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany :)
      Yay, hope so too! <3

      Delete
  8. Looks like you have lots of fun books coming up! I loved Cinder and The Martian. Ink and Bone was pretty good, too - so action-packed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look fun!
      Yay I'm so glad, and I LOVE action-packed :)

      Delete
  9. I LOVED CINDER. I still remember reading it back in 2012 (or was it 2013? I can't remember XD) and it hauled me out of THE WORST reading slump. I hope you enjoy it! And OOH Ink & Bone - I'm waiting for that to come in at my library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY. That's so encouraging to hear :)
      Haha I think you've got enough books for now, though right?! Hehe

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)