Sunday, 16 July 2017

Weekly Round-Up: Reading and Watching


It's been an excellent reading and watching week! I've watched Miss. Sloane and Kong: Skull Island (review of Kong will be up on Thursday) and finished three books as well.  Towards the end of the week I've also been writing more - not plotting, just writing random scenes for practice. And I am loving it.   

My family's also been sick this week, so I've been doing most of the cooking. Last night we got this ready mix Malva pudding pack and I was about to make it until I realised I needed jam. Well, my hunger got the best of me and I ended up making it without jam. And it worked and tasted amazing!
Just some random cooking news ;)    


Posts of the week: 

Book Review: CARVE THE MARK
Book Review: CINDER
Book Review: THE 100
Film Review: MISS. SLOANE


I loved the first book in this series, and so far I'm enjoying this one as well :)   




Finished these three books this week as well. 



I got an amazing haul this week, and these 4 thrillers arrived by surprise! I can't wait to dive into them in August!   






Angela reviews Sisters One, Two, Three

Aneta reviews Yesterday

Greg reviews Ivory and Bone

Faith reviews When Dimple Met Rishi

Genni talks about Series She's Not Finishing

Florid Sword talks about Waiting on the Lord


Amethyst Blue reviews When Dimple Met Rishi

FearStreetZombie reviews Thirteen Reasons Why

Audrey talks Dreams and Callings




I have exciting news! In August it's my 1 year blogiversary, and as part of my celebration, I'm going to be answering questions from you guys in an upcoming post. 

So comment below with any question or questions you're interested in having me answer, and I'll feature and answer them in the blogiversary post! 

(You're welcome to ask personal questions, just not too personal please. Lol ;) 



Did you have a good week? What are you reading at the moment? Watched any awesome movies?  

16 comments:

  1. I hope your family is feeling better soon - and that you don't catch whatever they had!

    Congratulations on reaching your first blogoversary soon! What is your favorite book, and what book would you recommend to anyone (they don't necessarily have to be the same!)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela!

      Thank you! And thanks for the question :)

      Delete
  2. I hope your family feels better! I'm looking forward to your Kong: Skull Island review too! I really liked the movie, and am eagerly anticipating the next in that universe. 4 thriller by surprise! That's awesome! I don't have any question in mind right now, but I'll comment again if I think of any. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genni! And I'm so glad you liked it :)
      Thanks :) You too!

      Delete
  3. The Lost Girl looks interesting! The cover makes me think of Neverending Story. :) Congrats on your first blog birthday! :D Have a great week.

    Becky
    Stories & Sweeties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good point! It does actually!
      Thank you! You too :)

      Delete
  4. Cooking is always a good thing to try! Hopefully your next cooking venture goes well. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new thrillers!

    Have a fantastic week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa :) Thanks, I'm sure I will!


      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  5. Yay for writing! And ooh Kong: Skull Island, I'm so curious. I liked that Hiddleston and Brie Larson were in it, I hope it's good as I kinda want to see it?

    I love thrillers, the People at No. 9 looks promising!

    Thanks for linking my post. :) Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YES, I admit they were my main incentive for watching it, lol ;)
      It's not really, unfortunately....

      It does!

      Sure. Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't picked up a book in a few days with my Game of Thrones binge rewatch! I'm pretty tired today so I'll wait until tomorrow to get onto Six of Crows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :)
      YAY, hope you love Six of Crows!

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear the family has been sick. I sure hope you've managed to escape it.
    I've never heard of Malva pudding... I'll have to look that up.
    Hope you enjoy the new books. And happy blogoversary!! Congrats on the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya :)
      It's AMAZING, you should!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I hope your family feels better soon and I'm glad your week was so successful!
    I just finished Warcross by: Marie Lu and I finally saw Wonder Woman this past week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith :)
      OH MY WORD THAT'S SO AWESOME!! I'm dying to read Warcross and watch WW!!! Hope they were amazing?!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)