Thursday, 31 August 2017

Monthly Wrap-Up: August - September


It's September tomorrow and I honestly feel like I was writing August's wrap-up just yesterday. It's crazy. 

August was a strange month. I read a lot, binged Netflix to no end (Arrow and Gossip Girl galore), and started writing my WIP (post about that coming sometime in September). The writing's going slowly-ish, and although I'm struggling not to edit as I go, I'm pretty happy with the progress I
making and the practice I'm getting.    

Life's been okay I guess. I forced myself to do a few "out of my comfort zone" experiences, which caused me incredible stress beforehand but paid off in the end. I just hope to be more "social" in September and stop procrastinating when it comes to making some certain life decisions. I'm scared and worried about them, but I'm trying to trust God. He knows best and He'll be with me every step of the way.     


Posts of the month (excluding reviews & weekly round-ups): 








I only watched 1 movie this month!!! But in my defense, I did binge watch TV shows on Netflix as well...







Windfall - Jennifer E. Smith

Starr Fall - Kim Briggs

A Thousand Pieces of You - Claudia Gray

The People At Number 9 - Felicity Everett

The Good Daughter - Alexandra Burt

Seven Days Of You - Cecilia Vinesse

One Of Us Is Lying - Karen M. McManus 

Silver Blood - Emma Hamm

The Marble Collector - Cecelia Ahern

You Don't Know My Name - Kristen Orlando

I read a real mix of books this month: some bad, some good, some terrible, some amazing. My favourite was The Good Daughter, and my least favourite was either You Don't Know My Name or A Thousand Pieces of You.   





These are some of the books I'm hoping to read this month (emphasis on some...)


(Roar, Cold Malice, Canary Club, and The Empty Grave are eBooks)





My giveaway is still happening! Go enter! 





Happy September (for tomorrow)! Hope you have an amazing month ahead <3

Was August a good month for you? What did you read or watch? 

24 comments:

  1. It's good to do things outside of your comfort zone once in awhile! I keep telling myself I need to be more social, but it is so hard, especially at my age. I feel too enmeshed in my habits. Keep plugging away at your WIP, I'm so in awe of writers! Have a great September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Although scary too ;)
      Thank you, Angela!
      And thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty pleased with August! I've watched more films this month than the last three years put together! I still have lots of shark films on my list and I'll keep watching them through September. Blogging was pretty full on this month and I'm still falling short on book reviews. Can't seem to improve on that at all. Reading could have been better but I have high hopes of reading a lot more next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great month, I'm so glad!
      Hope you're having a good week, Chuckles :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I had Twitter! I'd so enter the giveaway to be able to get Warcross, I'm honestly so pumped about the novel coming out.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you do!! Go go go and enter!! <3

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a good September, Amy!! I can't wait for your writing post, I think you are a really great writer and I'm sure your WIP will be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, Emily, that means a lot ❤

      Delete
  5. Lovely wrap-up!! I am hoping to read Roar in September as well! We'll see how it goes, I'm SO behind with my library books and honest reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica!
      Yay, hope we both enjoy it!
      Oh no I'm sorry :( #bloggerproblems am I right?!

      Delete
  6. Speaking of writing, have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? (National Novel Writing Month) It's a fun challenge that takes place every November with the goal of writing 50,000 words in just one month. It's difficult, but there is a great online community created around it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have!! I did it last year and it went so well. I'm definitely doing it again this year. Are you?

      Delete
  7. It is crazy how fast time is flying! It is always a good month though when you are able to read a lot and watch a lot. My husband and I really enjoyed Arrow - we're currently watching Grimm and The Flash. Which if you like Arrow, you'll probably like those too :)

    Kylie <3
    http://livingwhimsicaldreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!
      So glad you loved Arrow too :) I need to watch The Flash, I love what I've seen of it in Arrow crossovers.
      Thanks for stopping by, Kylie!

      Delete
  8. I can't believe it's September already and good luck with your writing project. I am currently trying to write a trilogy and I'm bad at planning but three books get crazy if you don't plan. Struggle galore :) I hope you have a great September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right??!!
      Thanks so much Olivia :) I hope your trilogy goes well, but yeah, planning is definitely overwhelming. But it helps!
      Thanks, you too ❤

      Delete
  9. Yay for Scarlet and Roar!

    September looked like a good reading month, even though there were some not so good books in there! I'm also excited to start Red Blood sometime soon. This month for sure!

    Happy September and I hope we all have great months! P.S. I'm excited about your giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!

      Yes we must buddy read Red Blood! That is the second book, right?

      Thanks, I hope so too! I especially hope yours improves FAST ❤❤
      Me too! Hehe ;)

      Delete
  10. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S SEPTEMBER ALREADY, CAN TIME SLOW DOWN GOSH?!

    Ahh, you read so many books this month! I'm so happy that you read and loved The One Memory of Flora Banks and Windfall - they're so good.

    I also need to read The Canary Club, maybe we can read it together? Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FLIP I KNOW HEY?

      Yeah! And those were lovely <3

      Oh my word yes! But, but, but...I didn't see this message until now! I'm gonna PM you now.

      Delete
  11. First, I LOVE the new design. It's so clean and pretty <33

    Second, HAPPY BE-LATED BLOG ANNIVERSARY! I am constantly in awe of how many awesome posts and reviews you do here. Keep up the good work!

    omw, THE ZOO KEEPER'S WIFE. I think my mom watched that (and read the book) but I haven't seen it yet. I think I need to go check it out.

    I hope you have a wonderful September! :D

    <3
    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Audrey!! ❤❤

      Thank you!! That means so much.

      You do! It's not amazing, but definitely good.

      Thanks, you too! <3

      Delete
  12. Good luck with the not procrastinating on life decisions. I am terrible for being like that but oh well. Glad last month went well for you, though. You did read a few books last month and what a mix. I am excited for your September TBR, though. Scarlet was good and I've seen Canary Club somewhere else and it sounds interesting.

    I hope you have a good September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And yes, it is definitely hard.

      Thanks, you too.

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)