Tuesday, 15 August 2017

My One Year Blogiversary! Interview


It's been a year, guys! A year!! I can't believe it. It feels so weird to know that I've been blogging for a year, when it actually feels like I started just yesterday. It's been an amazing - and stressful - time, but I am so grateful for everything that's happened and everything it's taught me. I wish I'd started sooner.

(FYI: I had to look over my 2016 diary to work out when exactly I started blogging, and I managed to narrow it down to sometime between the 15th of August and the 18th. I totally felt like Sherlock, by the way. And because I'm not sure of the actual date, there'll be another blogiversary post on Thursday).


As part of my celebrating, I asked you guys for any questions you'd like to know my answers to! So here goes:



1: (From Paradoxical GrenadeWhat's the best thing you love about blogging?

The community!! I absolutely love the friendships I've made online, the wonderful people I've "met", and the stunning blogs I've discovered. Nothing beats fangirling with fellow fans.




2: (From Angela) What is your favorite book, and what book would you recommend to anyone (they don't necessarily have to be the same!)?

My favourite book is probably The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, although it's so hard to choose just one! 
And the book I'd recommend to anyone would definitely be Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer. Everyone needs to read that darling work of art. 



3: (From MellenyWhat made you decide to become a book reviewer and join the book community?

I joined Goodreads in 2014 after hearing about it from my friend, who is a blogger and reviewer. It just looked like fun! And I soon began to write short reviews on Goodreads for the books I was reading, because I enjoyed it.


4: (From GenniDo you ever feel overwhelmed or uninspired while blogging? What do you do to change that?

YES. I'm always feeling a bit overwhelmed, which is entirely my own doing because I'm OCD and I plan a ton of posts and make a thousand lists and give myself deadlines. But it's also kinda therapeutic for me, and I do enjoy it.
If I'm feeling too overwhelmed, I just take another look at my diary, see what's ahead, shuffle things around if I'm stressing, and it calms me down. I love having a schedule, but it's a good and bad thing for me.

If I'm feeling uninspired, I just take a break from blogging and go read or watch TV or something. It's always good to take a breathing break once in a while and fresh inspiration will often come when you're least expecting it.


5: (From GenniHow did you decide on your blogger design and your blogger name?

My blog name was a spur of the moment decision, and I love words and I believe they're magic, so I just quickly chose A Magical World of Words. I originally had another blog name, but I didn't think it was working, so I had to change it quickly. Hence the rush.

I always knew the colors I wanted for my blog design: deep pink, black, and white. And I wanted my blog to be clean, easy to navigate, and neat.
I've tried to make it like that :)


6: (From Genni) What are some of your favorite posts of yours?

I really enjoyed writing my Top Favourite Couples post, and I loved my blog tour post for Perfect, and I loved reviewing Miss. Sloane.


7: (From Abby) Can you do an eyebrow wave?

NO!!!!! And it's tragic. I mean, what's the point of me anymore.


8: (From AbbyAlso, describe your current WIP only using five words.

Scars. Pixie dust. Neverland. Shadows.


(Not very good, sorry!)


9: (From MelissaIf a library was burning and you could only save five books, which books would you save and why?

I'm answering as if it's my local library that's burning, so I can only save books they have in stock. I'd save: Crooked Kingdom, How To Fall in Love, Gone Girl, The Marble Collector, and The Assassin's Blade.


10: (From GeybieWhat are your MOST favorite books you have read since you started blogging?

I doubt I would've ever got to read Letters to the Lost or Perfect if I hadn't started blogging! Those two are definitely my favourites.


11: (From Tanya) Which author (or authors) do you consider auto-buy authors?

Leigh Bardugo, Cecelia Ahern, Gilliam Flynn, Paula Hawkins, Stephenie Meyer (it's a long story...), and A. G. Howard.


12: (From Di) Best blogging experience?


I have so many!! Probably when I got my first retweet from an author. And she's my favourite author: Cecelia Ahern. That was shocking and SO exciting.


13: (From Brooklyn) What inspired you to start blogging?

My friend, her blog, and her huge accumulation of free review copies.


14: (From Jollygirl) What's your favourite TV show? 

IT HURTS TO CHOOSE JUST ONE!! I have to go with a few: Arrow, Once Upon A Time, The Office (American version), Miranda, Gossip Girl, Parks and Recreation, White Collar....
I'll stop there.



Thank you to everyone who asked me questions! I had such fun answering :)<



Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed the "interview" <3

30 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Blogiversary!! :)
    P.s. I enjoyed reading your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary!! And awesome questions and such great answers!! Looking forward to the Thursday post too!! *Have some ice-cream*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So happy you enjoyed them!
      *stuffs ice-cream in face* Thank ya ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Amy! I've really enjoyed reading your blog, especially your book and movie reviews. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next!

    P.S. I recently read Letters to the Lost and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela!! Awww thank you that's so sweet <3

      Woohoo!!! I am so happy!!! Will be looking out for your review...

      Delete
  4. Congrats Amy!! I've been around for about 2 years (like you, I don't know the exact date) and it doesn't feel that long at all. I'm going to be checking out all these blogs! Thanks for linking them all up. :)I can't do an eyebrow wave either! It's impossible. :) I take a break from blogging as well when I'm feeling uninspired. Then, I'll visit some blogs I don't get around to often and just feel renewed again! And your blog is clean and easy to navigate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Haha fun :)
      That's a good idea! Yeah, visiting other blogs is actually a really good plan.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Some really interesting questions! It's easy to get overwhelmed sometimes isn't it! I'm happy with how my blog is going but my own slothyness can be a problem! My local library is so out of date that I OWN all the good books but I have ones I'd save from my own house like Harry Potter, IT, Game of Thrones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And yes, it is!
      I'm so glad :) And haha, same with mine. It's so annoying.

      Delete
  6. Happy Blogiversary!!! Your blog is so great, and I always enjoy reading your posts! (Nice answer to my question by the way; you made some good choices!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! That is so kind <3
      Hehehe glad you approve!

      Delete
  7. Happy blogiversary, Amy! OOOHHHH IS YOUR WIP A RETELLING OF PETER PAN BECAUSE I LOVE IT ALREADY. <3 Also, I can't do an eyebrow wave, either, so don't feel bummed out. xD

    As for Stephanie Meyer... I'm going to guess you (maybe) like The Host? The Twilight Series just makes me cringe but comparing her solo book to the series, I definitely have to go for The Host.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby!!! AND YES IT IS!!!
      Haha nice ;)

      I did! And yeah, I didn't love Twilight :(

      Delete
  8. Happy blogiversary, Amy!! It's been so great getting to know you and I think your blog is so lovely!! You are such a kind person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily, and that's so sweet <3 You are such a lovely blogger and I love our discussions.

      Delete
  9. Happy blogoversary!! Fun questions and answers. Your WIP sounds interesting just from those 5 words! And I think some of my favorite reads have come out by blogging as well- funny how that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg!
      Haha yay, thanks!

      It is funny :) Strange how it happens!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your blogoversary, Amy!!! I adore your blog so I'm so happy you decided to join the community. :) You've also just inspired me to try Letters to the Lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Lauren :) I'm so glad I "met" you!

      You must!! It's amazing!

      Delete
  11. #11 - I love how Stephanie Meyers had a caveat (it's a long story). LOL Maybe one day you'll share said long story. :)
    And your answer reminds me that I haven't read anything by Ahern in ages!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SO LATE TO THE BLOGOVERSARY PARTY. Curse you, school.

    Ahem.

    HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY, AMY!!! I'm so glad that I inspired you to start a book blog as I love reading your posts and I also love being able to talk about books AND blogging with you! I agree, it's so wonderful meeting book bloggers, interacting with authors (I swear, it's been five years and when an author acknowledges my existence I still practically die from happiness) and getting the opportunity to review books for publishers!

    Here's to many more years of blogging! *raises coffee cup*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL IS FORGIVEN. But indeed: curse you, school.

      Thank you Kyra!! <3 *raises coffee cup with you then proceeds to gulp down coffee* ;)

      Delete
  13. Happy blogoversary!!! Wish you years of amazing blogging experience. I started blogging in December. Just a few months after you did. I remember a few months ago I discovered your blog (along with Di and Uma) and you guys discussed about how to get ARCs and tips for new bloggers and I was like "thank God!" I enjoyed all of your discussion posts and you guys always have awesome topics and very informative for bloggers. So thank you. Keep blogging, keep being an inspiration. :)

    PS: I have to stop this otherwise I'd be writing a lengthy post here in your comment. Haha.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment, Geybie! <3 I'm so glad to have "met" you :)

      Haha no worries! Thank you!

      Delete
  14. Happy blogiversary! And I loved reading your answers! Here's to many more awesome years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)