Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #45: THE HUMMINGBIRD HEART - by A. G. Howard


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.



Publication Date: 15th August 2017. 

Set 19 years after The Architect of Song. Shortly after escaping a circus tragedy, young Italian orphan, Willow Antoniette, seeks refuge at The Manor of Diversions—a holiday resort in England born of a ghost story. For eleven years, she’s raised alongside the children of the resort’s owners: Julian, his twin brother, Nick, and their younger sister Emilia. Now that Willow is of marriable age, she's determined to escape finishing school along with everyone's efforts to make her a proper lady. The only man she wants to spend her life with is Julian, after all. Yet how can she tell him, when he thinks of her as nothing but a friend? As a machinist and engineer, Julian Thornton prefers a governable life. He can't allow his ever-deepening attraction for Willow to distract from his amusement park plans to lure a younger, wealthier clientele to their family's resort. In hopes to escape Willow and find investors, Julian sets off on a transatlantic ocean liner headed for the St. Louis World’s Fair, unaware Willow has secretly stowed away on the same ship. A tiny, mute orphan named Newton and a pair of haunted Italian shoes bring Willow and Julian face to face on deck. Forced to work together to solve the mystery of Newton and his vindictive, ghostly companion, Julian and Willow can no longer fight their untapped passions. However, time to admit their true feelings is running out, for the ghost and her murderer have enlisted them as unsuspecting pawns in a karmic game of cat-and-mouse that could cost all of them their lives.

I haven't read the first book in this series, but I'm absolutely DYING to. And to read this book as well, of course. The cover is so gorgeous and I love Howard's writing so much (I read her Splintered trilogy).

I NEEEEEEED these books <3





Anyone else excited for The Hummingbird Heart?

23 comments:

  1. The cover isn't as nice as the others by the author...why not have a beautiful multicoloured hummingbird-that would have been good! The good thing is you don't have long until it is published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I kinda like the purples and blues!
      Yeah true :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my what a beautiful cover! I haven't read the original series either but this spin-off sounds great.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, right?!
      The Splintered series is really cool :)

      Delete
  3. I find myself debating over this one. I was kind of meh on her first adult book. I liked it, but there were parts of it that didn't really wow me. Can't wait to hear what you think of this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that :(
      Visiting yours now!

      Delete
  4. AHHHH!!! ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVOURITE!! I can't wait to read this one and the covers are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
    Great pick Amy! :)

    Aneesa @ A Crave For Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHH YAY!!!
      THEY ARE!

      Thanks Aneesa :)

      Delete
  5. Ooo that cover is gorgeous!! I love the dark oceany vibes it's giving off. I actually haven't the read the first one in this series, but I'm thinking I really need to one of these days.

    Lauren @ Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And same!
      Yeah, me too :)

      Delete
  6. I've heard of A.G. Howard and her Splintered series and well as RoseBlood, but I had no idea she had another series out! I just read the synopsis for the first book, and it seems intriguing! I hope you love this series Amy. :D Thanks for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad I introduced you then!
      Thanks Genni :)

      Delete
  7. OMG!! This sure looks like a WONDERFUL story!! Well, what would you expect from the author of the Splintered series, right? And then there's "Roseblood"!! So yeah, this one was bound to get a lot of (well-deserved) hype! I also ADORE that cover!! Well, I'm adding this one to my Goodreads shelves RIGHT NOW!!

    Thanks for sharing this AWESOME book!! Happy Wednesday!! HUGS & BLESSINGS!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. And of course, thanks SO very much for commenting on my CWW post!! MORE HUGS!!!! <2 <2 <2 :) :) :)

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you love the look of it too! And that you enjoyed Splintered and Roseblood!!!

      Thanks Maria! And my pleasure <3 <3 HUGS AND MORE HUGS!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like an interesting read! I hope you enjoy this series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. It's definitely beautiful! And thanks!

      Visiting yours now :)

      Delete
  10. I love this book's cover! I read a few of Howard's trad-published books and they were hit-or-miss. I adored RoseBlood though. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad!
      But yeah, I had similar issues with those :( And I am dying to read Roseblood!!
      Thanks Alyssa :)

      Delete
  11. I love the cover of this so much.. I haven't read the first book in the series yet but I definitely plan on reading it soon.
    I hope you enjoy this one when you get a chance to read it :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both get to read it soon, then :)
      Thanks Aneta!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)