Wednesday, 23 August 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #47: BEFORE SHE IGNITES - by Jodi Meadows


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.


BEFORE SHE IGNITES - by Jodi Meadows

Publication Date: 12th September 2017.

Before Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer. Since the day she was born, she’s been told she’s special. Important. Perfect. She’s known across the Fallen Isles not just for her beauty, but for the Mira Treaty named after her, a peace agreement which united the seven islands against their enemies on the mainland. But Mira has never felt as perfect as everyone says. She counts compulsively. She struggles with crippling anxiety. And she’s far too interested in dragons for a girl of her station. After Then Mira discovers an explosive secret that challenges everything she and the Treaty stand for. Betrayed by the very people she spent her life serving, Mira is sentenced to the Pit–the deadliest prison in the Fallen Isles. There, a cruel guard would do anything to discover the secret she would die to protect. No longer beholden to those who betrayed her, Mira must learn to survive on her own and unearth the dark truths about the Fallen Isles–and herself–before her very world begins to collapse.


This book looks AMAZING. Incredibly unique synopsis, gorgeous cover, and I've heard that the anxiety gets excellent rep. Mira also seems to be a complicated, original heroine, and I love how it seems to be a story about self-discovery and as much about internal conflict as external.




Anyone else excited for Before She Ignites?


30 comments:

  1. Niiice! Awesome cover for this one! Seeing a lot of hype for it too! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And thanks!
      Visited yours :)

      Delete
  2. I saw this cover, heard there were dragons, and I was pretty much sold. I heard it's a slightly tough read, like emotionally, but it is the groundwork for what may be an incredible series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I feel ya ;)
      You're right it does. Hopefully it'll be good, though!

      Delete
  3. I seen mixed reviews about this one but i am going to read it! I have it for review and will be reading it soon. Maybe it's one of those in which book one is ehhh but sets up the series well for book two. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic day, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it :)
      And yeah, you could be right about that.

      Thanks Alyssa, you too :)

      Delete
  4. As soon as I heard dragons were involved this became a must read for me! Mira also seems like she's going to be an interesting MC. Great pick, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely in love with the cover and the synopsis looks great!!! I'm definitely pre-ordering this :P!
    Kariny @Kariny's Book Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! So stunning.
      Haha nice :)

      Delete
  6. I cannot wait for this one too! It sounds amazing and I adore the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope we both love it when we read it :)

      Delete
  7. I've heard so much about this book already. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)
    I hope we both enjoy it when it comes out.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so desperately waiting to read this one too! I've requested it from publishers and really hope I snag a copy
    ! :) Otherwise I'll just go buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! Ugh!
      Hope we both get to read it soon!

      Delete
  9. I'm hosting this lovely book on BBTC (My Twitter Chat feature) this week! It was really good, I hope you love it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAAAAASSS!!! I can't WAIT for this one, either!! I featured it on one of my CWW posts a while back. AWESOME pick!! Well, you know what they say about great minds, right? Lol. But seriously, this book is indeed AMAZING!! AS soon as it releases, I'm getting it into my greedy little bookworm's hands!!! Lol.

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my CWW post!! Have a BLESSED day, Amy!! HUGS!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO YAY!!
      Haha hopefully same here!!

      Sure!! HUGS BACK!!! :) :) <3 <3 <3 Thanks and you too, Maria!

      Delete
  11. This was my WoW a few weeks ago. I can't wait to read it either. Seems so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! And it does!
      Hope we both love it :)

      Delete
  12. Oooh! I've featured this one a few weeks ago! I'm also excited for this book! Thanks for checking out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick!! I also had this as one of my picks a couple weeks back. :) It sounds stunning. I hope you love it Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genni! And stunning is definitely the right word :)
      Thanks, me too!

      Delete
  14. Sounds like a complicated heroine which makes a nice change! Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AHHH!! I cannot wait for this book to come out! Dying to read this since I heard about it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Hope we get to read it soon!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)